If you’re going to throw your life away, it’s better to do it for someone with a motorcycle, right?
All Lorelai-isms aside, Valentine’s Day is almost upon us and for some of you that might be something to look forward to and for others, it might be a day to binge-watch Gilmore Girls. (The revival is currently filming, so get on it if you’re new to the series!) Whether you’re feeling the romance this February or not, here are 10 invaluable love lessons imparted upon us by the ever so wise, fast-talking Gilmore women and some other delicate flowers in their life (a.k.a Lane Kim and Paris Geller).
1. Food is strictly made for consumption — no matter how much you love it.
2. Dating is weird and uncomfortable for all of us, including Stars Hollow superstar and the Gilmore family’s most valuable gem: Rory Gilmore.
3. We all basically have the same core need when it comes to romance: The desire to be loved by someone who understands and tolerates us.
4. We must accept that it’ll all go downhill at some point.
5. Love is patient, love is kind, but sometimes it’ll make you lose your mind.
6. Sometimes “goodbye” doesn’t really mean goodbye.
7. In the words of Selena Gomez, “The heart wants what it wants.”
8. It’s okay to wallow in your misery after you break up with someone.
9. Warning: Romantic feelings could prevent you from functioning like a normal person.
10. Sometimes people need a second chance to prove their love, and that’s okay.
10 Invaluable Love Lessons That 'Gilmore Girls' Taught Us